As workplaces continue to evolve, diversity and inclusion have become increasingly important for businesses that want to attract and retain top talent. One way to promote diversity and inclusion is by working with a diversity supplier, such as a minority-owned staffing company. These companies can provide a range of benefits, particularly when it comes to filling temporary staffing needs. In this blog post, we’ll explore the advantages of partnering with a minority-owned staffing company as a diversity supplier and provide tips for hiring managers and employers who are looking to increase diversity and inclusion in their temporary workforce.
What is a Diversity Staffing Supplier?
A diversity staffing supplier is a company that specializes in providing temporary, contract, or permanent staffing services to businesses, and is majority-owned, operated, and controlled by individuals who belong to traditionally underrepresented or disadvantaged groups. These groups can include women, minorities, veterans, disabled individuals, and LGBTQ+ individuals.
To qualify as a diversity staffing supplier, a business must meet certain criteria established by the client, government agency, or certifying organization. Some of the criteria may include the percentage of ownership, management, and control by individuals from the underrepresented group, the length of time the business has been in operation, and the types of services provided.
What is a Diversity Staffing Supplier?
While partnering with a diversity staffing supplier can help companies meet their diversity and inclusion goals, it can also provide a range of other benefits beyond just fulfilling a quota. Here are some of the benefits of working with diversity suppliers for staffing services:
- Access to a diverse pool of candidates: Diversity staffing suppliers have access to a wide range of candidates from underrepresented groups who may not be reached through traditional recruitment channels. This can help companies build a more diverse and inclusive workforce, which has been shown to increase innovation and creativity, as well as improve employee morale and engagement.
- Expertise in diversity and inclusion: Diversity staffing suppliers have a deep understanding of the challenges faced by underrepresented groups in the workforce, and can provide guidance and support to companies looking to improve their diversity and inclusion practices. They can also help companies navigate legal requirements related to diversity and inclusion, such as affirmative action plans and equal employment opportunity regulations.
- Flexibility and agility: Diversity staffing suppliers are often more flexible and agile than traditional staffing firms, and can provide customized solutions to meet the unique needs of each client. They can also quickly adapt to changing business needs and market conditions, providing faster turnaround times and greater responsiveness.
- Reduced risk and cost: By partnering with a diversity staffing supplier, companies can reduce the risk of legal and reputational damage that can result from non-compliance with diversity and inclusion regulations. They can also save costs associated with turnover, recruitment, and training, as well as the costs of lost productivity and missed opportunities.
Working with a diversity staffing supplier can provide a range of benefits for companies looking to improve their diversity and inclusion practices and fill their temporary staffing needs. By accessing a diverse pool of candidates, benefiting from the expertise of diversity and inclusion specialists, enjoying greater flexibility and agility, and reducing risk and cost, companies can build a more diverse, inclusive, and successful workforce.
Why Partnering with a Diversity Supplier Can Improve Your Business's Bottom Line
Partnering with a diversity supplier for staffing services can provide a range of benefits that can help improve your business’s bottom line. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Reduced recruitment costs: When you partner with a diversity staffing supplier, you can save time and money on recruitment and training costs. Staffing suppliers can handle all aspects of the hiring process, from sourcing candidates to conducting interviews and onboarding. This can free up your HR team to focus on other important tasks, while also ensuring that you’re hiring the most qualified candidates for the job.
- Cast a wider net for candidates: Diversity staffing suppliers have access to a wider pool of talented candidates who may not be reached through traditional recruitment channels. This can provide your business with a competitive advantage, as you’ll be able to tap into a more diverse range of skills, experiences, and perspectives. This can lead to greater innovation, creativity, and problem-solving capabilities, as well as increased employee engagement and retention. A wider pool also helps increase the chances of finding the right people, fast.
- Improved brand reputation: Partnering with a diversity supplier for staffing can improve your company’s brand reputation as an employer that values diversity and inclusion, which can attract top talent and increase customer loyalty.
- Meeting diversity spend requirements: Many companies have diversity spend requirements, and partnering with a diversity supplier for staffing can help you meet those requirements, leading to potential tax benefits and business opportunities.
- Better risk management: Working with a diversity staffing supplier can help your company mitigate risk by providing background checks, drug testing, and other pre-employment screening services, reducing the risk of hiring candidates with a history of workplace misconduct or legal issues.
Best Practices for Partnering with Diversity Staffing Suppliers
Partnering with a diversity staffing supplier can help businesses achieve their staffing goals while also contributing to diversity and inclusion efforts. Here are some best practices that businesses should keep in mind when partnering with a woman-owned, or minority-owned, staffing supplier:
- Clear communication: It’s important to establish clear lines of communication with your diversity staffing supplier from the beginning. This includes setting expectations, discussing your business’s specific needs, and ensuring that the supplier understands your company culture and values. Regular check-ins and feedback sessions can also help to ensure that the partnership is meeting both parties’ expectations.
- Fostering a strong relationship: Building a strong relationship with your diversity staffing supplier can help to ensure a successful partnership. This means treating the supplier as a valued partner and not just a service provider. Taking the time to understand the supplier’s business and values, and sharing your own, can help to build trust and collaboration.
- Providing feedback: Providing regular feedback to your diversity staffing supplier can help to ensure that the partnership is meeting your business’s needs. This includes feedback on the quality of candidates provided, the speed and efficiency of the hiring process, and the overall service provided by the supplier. This feedback can help to ensure that the supplier is continually improving and delivering the best possible service.
- Open-mindedness: It’s important to approach your partnership with a diversity staffing supplier with an open mind. This means being open to candidates who may have different backgrounds or experiences than your current workforce, and being willing to learn from your supplier’s expertise and insights.
- Providing resources: Providing resources to your diversity staffing supplier can help to ensure that they have the necessary tools and support to succeed. This includes providing access to company information and resources, such as your employee handbook and training materials, as well as offering support and guidance throughout the partnership.
Partnering with a woman-owned or minority-owned staffing supplier can be a valuable way to achieve your business’s staffing goals while also contributing to diversity and inclusion efforts. By following these best practices, businesses can get the most out of their partnership with a diversity staffing supplier and build a stronger, more diverse workforce.
Are You Looking For a Diversity Supplier for Staffing?
In today’s diverse and ever-changing business landscape, partnering with a diversity supplier for your staffing needs is not just a moral imperative, it’s also a smart business decision. At Partners Personnel, we are committed to providing our clients with top-notch staffing services that not only meet their needs, but also contribute to diversity and inclusion efforts.
As a winning team and a one-stop-shop for all your staffing needs, we have also partnered with two Minority Business Enterprises, POGO and Symtech, to assist our clients with their diversity spend, support of small business—and to help them benefit from special tax incentives.
So if you are looking for a reliable and experienced diversity supplier for your staffing needs, look no further than Partners Personnel. Contact MBE@partners.us today to learn more about our services and how we can help your business thrive.